Winter Chicken Keto Broth
A perfect warming keto special! Using seasonal vegetables, a nutrient packed bone broth and keto rice. This dish is simple and quick to put together and above all else.. it is delicious!
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Saucepan (with lid)
- Wooden spoon
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 3 sticks of celery (sliced)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1-2 chicken bone broth (If only using 1 add in 0.5L water to match the content of liquid)
- 1-2 packets of barenaked rice (if you are wanting to bulk out the broth add in more rice)
- Start by warming up the frying pan and saucepan separately with olive oil. Slice up the chicken and add into the frying pan (cook until completely cooked through. At the same time that the chicken is cooking, into the warmed saucepan add in the onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook for 5mins or until the vegetables have cooked through.
- Follow the instructions on the packet of the rice and cook.
- Into the saucepan add in the herbs, bone broth, cooked chicken and cooked rice.
- Allow to bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5mins.
- Serve hot and enjoy!