Low FODMAP Roasted Trout With Green Beans And Crispy Potatoes
Trout is packed full of protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Paired with crispy roast potatoes and fresh green beans, this light and fresh dish is the answer to a delicious dinner without any of the tummy discomfort!
Portions / serves: 2
Time: 30 minutes
- roasting tray
- chopping board
- 2 quality trout fillets
- 250g jersey royal potatoes, halved
- A small handful of fresh dill/ semi fresh
- A handful of parsley
- Olive oil
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 150g of green beans (2 handfuls), ends removed
- Spring onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the potatoes to salted water and part-boil for 10 minutes. Drain and shake to try. transfer to a roasting tray with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until crispy. Tossing half-way.
- Add the herbs, lemon juice and zest and another glug of oil to a bowl and mix well.
- Place the trout on a roasting tray and drizzle over the herb oil evenly on both fillets. Season well with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on their size- they should be just pink and flaky.
- Meanwhile simmer the beans for 2-3 minutes until cooked, but still retaining a bite.
- Serve the roast potatoes with the herby trout and green beans. Sprinkle over the fresh herbs, spring onions and any leftover herb oil.